I’m glad you brought this up. There are several layers to this question in terms of both your rights and your child’s rights under the special education law called the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Free, easy-to-use resources.
Find the best benefits and services in Massachusetts for
children and young adults with disabilities.
The Guides show you what to do and how to apply for benefits, services and support…
- Early Intervention
- Special Education and IEPs
- SSI benefits
- Guardianship and its alternatives
- Health Insurance including MassHealth
The Resource Directory helps you find therapists, programs and support services near you…
- Therapies like ABA, speech, OT and PT
- Parent and caregiver support
- Transition services for high school students and young adults
- Vocational training and employment support
- Social and recreational activities